Amrita M.Tech Admission is conducted by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University. The exam is a PG level entrance exam conducted each year offering admissions to various post-graduate engineering courses in Amrita University. The online application for Amrita University M.Tech Admissions Entrance Test will be starting before the exam for which the application fees is Rs 1000 for both general category and reserved category. One can access to it via the official website of Amrita University.
A candidate who has passed their Bachelors in Technology or Bachelors in Engineering (including the final year students awaiting the results) is eligible to apply for any M.Tech course offered by the university. The medium of examination is English only. The selection process is as follows:
- Direct admission for GATE qualified candidates (GATE qualified candidates can avail Rs. 12,400 monthly stipend as Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is approved by UGC / AICTE)
- Applicants with a minimum experience of two years in relevant academic / engineering industry, after a telephonic interview
- Applicants having more than 8.5 CGPA with good academic credentials, after a telephonic interview.
- Eligible Amrita Graduates
- Those who don’t belong to the above categories are admitted based on the rank scored in Amrita Graduate Entrance Test 2019 to be held in the last week of May.
Amrita University M.Tech Admissions Entrance Test paper contains 75 multiple choice objective type questions which includes mathematics, aptitude and branch specific subjects and the duration of the exam is 1.5 hours. This exam is computer based only. Candidates are prohibited from using of electronic devices like mobile phone, calculator etc. is NOT PERMITTED. Four answers are given as choices for each question. Equal weight-age is given to all the questions. Each question carries 3 (three) marks in total. All the information related to the exam including scholarship, fees, results, exam centers and important dates can be accessed through their official website.